This help article is intended for users who would like to update the M289 projector to be able to receive on/off and volume control signals through their connected HDMI streaming device using the HDMI/CEC signal protocols. This update will allow users of the latest streaming devices like AppleTV, Roku, Chromecast and Amazon Firestick to turn the projector on and off and control the volume of the projector from their streaming devices remote control. Your specific version of streaming device may not fully support on/off or volume control under the HDMI/CEC standard, which means it might not work as anticipated. Updating your projector firmware will not cause any damage as long as the projector remains plugged in to AC power during the update. If you are unsure if you should update your product, please reach out to our customer support team to with your questions.
Updating the Firmware
Date of Update: 9/9/2020
- Plug your projector into power.
IMPORTANT: Unexpected power offs during the update process may damage your projector's firmware.
- Download the attached update file.
- Put the update file on a USB flash drive.
IMPORTANT: Be sure the update file name is MERGE.BIN and the file is located in the root folder of the USB flash drive.
- Put the USB flash drive into the USB port on the projector.
- Power the projector on. The update should automatically install, and when complete, the projector should automatically reset. Once the projector has reset, unplug the USB from the projector.
TIP: If the update process does not automatically start a few seconds after you power the projector on, press the reset button on the projector. This will reset the projector and power off the projector. Then, attempt the update process again.