This help article is intended for users who would like to update the M289 projector to be able to invert the image for ceiling mounting of the projector or mirror image the projection for rear projection applications. This update is cumulative, so it includes the previous CEC updates. Updating your projector firmware will not cause any damage as long as the projector remains plugged in to AC power during the update. If you are unsure if you should update your product, please reach out to our customer support team to with your questions.
Updating the Firmware
Date of Update: 2/23/2022
- Plug your projector into power.
IMPORTANT: Unexpected power offs during the update process may damage your projector's firmware.
- Download the attached update file.
- Put the update file on a USB flash drive.
IMPORTANT: Be sure the update file name is MERGE.BIN and the file is located in the root folder of the USB flash drive.
- Put the USB flash drive into the USB port on the projector.
- Power the projector on. The update should automatically install, and when complete, the projector should automatically reset (you will see the multicolored Miroir Splash Page on the screen). Once the projector has reset, unplug the USB from the projector.
TIP: If the update process does not automatically start a few seconds after you power the projector on, press the reset button on the projector. This will reset the projector and power off the projector. Then, attempt the update process again.